The Flagler County Chamber of Commerce is seeking an event director. The event director is responsible for coordinating the servicing, logistics and operations of Flagler County Chamber Of Commerce events and programs.
Grant of Authority
- Involvement in the budgeting process
- Ability to recommend procedures and streamline information flow within the office
- Authority to disseminate information (consistent with the Chamber overall message and brand) to media and public as needed
- Deliver the best service, quality and value to every customer, every time
- Coordinate and manage all logistics of Chamber events
- Coordinate and manage all logistics of Chamber programs
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate project records
- Prepares and distributes communication to members on events and programs
- Maintains annual event calendar
- Oversees development of event collateral and promotional materials
- Develops and implements marketing plan for events
- Be willing and available to train for self-improvement and professional development
- Meet and exceed budget targets
Education: Bachelor’s Degree Business, Communications or a hospitality related field or 5+ years equivalent experience. Intermediate or higher level of expertise in Word, Excel and Power Point. Working knowledge of InDesign a plus.
Professional: 2+ years experience in hospitality, public relations or related field; IFEA (International Festival & Events Association) certification or enrollment with intent to complete program.
Personal: Excellent communication and organizational skills, working knowledge of media and social media outlets, ability to produce creative promotional materials, multi-task and meet both short and long term goals. Willingness to learn new skills and adapt to growing/evolving job responsibilities. Ability to be creative, proactive and outgoing. Must be a team player, but have the ability to work independently.
Part-time temporary worker for Peabody Box Office. MUST HAVE Ticketmaster experience and box office window sales experience. Must be able to work 20 hours per week, including show nights/weekends. Must be customer service oriented and have a professional phone manner.
Minimum Qualifications(Education, Training, and Experience)
High school diploma or GED; supplemented by Ticketmaster experience and experience with basic cash handling, sales and customer service. Strong computer skills, including Word and Excel preferred.
To apply: complete and submit application along with educational documentation (a copy of your diploma, degree or transcripts), experience verification (letter(s) from current or former employer(s) showing you meet the minimum qualifications), and a copy of your valid Driver’s License or ID.
Applications will not be considered without the inclusion of education and experience verification.