CITY OF BOYNTON BEACH - Marketing Manager
SALARY: $25.60 - $38.41 Hourly
$53,255.77 - $79,884.34 Annually
OPENING DATE: 01/04/19
CLOSING DATE: 01/18/19 05:00 PM
PURPOSE OF CLASSIFICATION:
The purpose of this classification is to plan, develop and implement the City's marketing and public communications programs and strategies with limited supervision by the Marketing and Public Communications Director.
The following duties and functions, as outlined herein, are intended to be representative of the type of tasks performed within this classification. They are not listed in any order of importance. The omission of specific statements of the duties or functions does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Plans, develops, implements, and distributes effective public information, communications and marketing programs to inform and educate residents, businesses and community groups on the City's policy decisions, services, meetings, programs, events and educational campaigns in unique visual manners consistent with the City's branding.
• Utilizes and integrates multiple channels of public communications to maximize the distribution of information to all audiences of the City, leveraging their resources for additional dissemination. These include, but are not limited to, print, broadcast, social media platforms, video, advertising, presentations, speeches, and appearances.
• Ensures consistency and efficiency in the execution and distribution of the City's message and that all communications and that content is understandable, meaningful and relevant to each defined target audience(s). Delivers public information consistent with the City's brand.
• Coordinates across and among departments to identify synergies and leverage all public communications methods deployed by departments. Train and coach content managers on the execution of quality content.
• Authors and/or edits public communications including, but not limited to, printed and promotional materials, publications and collateral, i.e. brochures, fliers, posters, postcards, press releases and articles, annual reports, letters, speeches and presentations, social media and multi-media sources and email newsletters.
• Creates and executes all marketing plans for City events and City sponsored events and identifies opportunities for City collaboration of events. Serves on event planning committees.
• Collaborates with the Information Technology Department and staff on the continual development of an innovative customer-driven Drupal website.
• Applies visionary and technical expertise to develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive, robust and dynamic public communications plan to brand the City as a national leader in forward-thinking public communications.
• Develops key performance indicators and measures the success of all digital communications, including websites. Collects, analyzes and provides written reports on City's digital communications. Evaluates the costs/benefits of online and multimedia applications and technologies and recommends emerging technologies and related budget(s).
• Responds to residents, business and community group concerns or inputs and provides follow-up information.
• Assists in the preparation of RFQs, RFPs and quotes. Serves as point-of-contact for outside contractual service providers related to public communications.
• Collects, analyzes and provides written reports on City's marketing messages and provides recommendations to increase effectiveness and reach.
• Supports Director in media relations activities, assisting with message development, media outreach and media response. Serves as a media spokesperson in the absence of Director.
• Develops and monitors the City's marketing and public communications standards and policies.
• Presents public information at meetings and partners with groups to provide and exchange information.
• Serves on Emergency Operations Center (EOC) Public Information Officer's Team.
• Operates a motor vehicle to attend meetings and other work related functions.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in marketing, journalism, communications, public relations, information technology, or a closely related field and five (5) years of experience in digital media, website development, television programming, broadcast journalism, marketing, communications, public affairs or public information.
Must possess and maintain a valid Florida driver's license.
Master degree from an accredited college or university in marketing, journalism, communications, public relations, information technology, or closely related field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Ability to develop and implement established goals, objectives, policies, and procedures.
Ability to meet program objectives including timetable deliverables and work plans.
Ability to assimilate information from a variety of sources, analyze information and recommend effective courses of action.
Ability to operate a computer, camera and other related communication programs.
Ability to work effectively and independently in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to work effectively with employees, residents, businesses, schools, and community groups.
Ability to serve as the media contact for municipal government in the absence of the Director.
Ability to manage multiple projects.
Ability to evaluate marketing operations and recommend improvements.
Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing and convey ideas persuasively in concise, organized, and professional manner.
Ability to work under general supervision with a certain degree of creativity and latitude.
Ability to exercise judgment, decisiveness and creativity in situations involving the evaluation of information against sensory, judgmental, or subjective criteria, as opposed to that which is clearly measurable or verifiable.
Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, confidentiality and tactfulness.
Knowledge of materials and equipment utilized in marketing and public communications.
Knowledge of PC Network Environments.
Knowledge of municipal principals and best practices of media relations and public communications.
Knowledge of principles and practices of website content writing and design.
Skilled in the writing, designing and production of publications.
Skilled in event marketing and development.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.boynton-beach.org
City of Boynton Beach - Human Resources
3301 Quantum Blvd.
Boynton Beach, FL 33425