The Florida Festivals and Events Association’s mission is to promote and strengthen the festival, event and fair industry in Florida through education, networking, dissemination of information, and the cultivation of high standards for the industry.
Budget CategoriesEvents of all sizes are encouraged to submit entries. You will be judged among your peers in the same event budget category so you are competing with festivals with similar budgets. There are three event budget categories:
Please submit each entry in one of these event budget categories. Budgets should include the entire budget for the event that you are entering, including all in-kind services. THIS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED!
Award Categories & Judging Criteria
*The categories listed below require a separate nomination process and do NOT require an application fee. To nominate and individual or organization for these awards, simply EMAIL your nomination and supporting documentation to the FFEA Office by July 8, 2015.
Best Vendor / Supplier
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where can I see the entries that were submitted? - All entries will be displayed at the convention and trade show – August 5-7, 2015 at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort in Orlando, FL.
2. When will winners be announced? - Winners will be announced at the 21st Annual Convention and Trade Show Awards Dinner, Thursday, August 6th. Winners will be presented with an award to display.
3. Do I have to present to win? - Although we encourage you to attend the Convention and Tradeshow, you do not have to be present to win a SUNsational Award.
4. How can I view the winning entries? - A PowerPoint of all winning entries will be placed on the FFEA website.
5. Will press releases, on winning entries, be distributed? - Press releases, explaining the award and the competition, will be written and distributed to your local media sources and throughout the state. We encourage you to send out press releases to your media contacts as well.
Rules & Policies
Entries are judged by professionals in their fields of radio, television, photography, website development, promotions, graphics, advertising, public relations, marketing, social media, and special event production. The entries are judged through a point system based on the criteria listed for each category.
The early entry fee for each entry is $20 for nominations submitted by June 30th. The entry fee between July 1 – July 8th is $30. You may pay the entry fee online with credit card or mail a check to: FFEA, 2115 Alameda Avenue, Orlando, FL 32804. All payments must be received prior to July 8, 2015 in order for the application to be included in the judging.
Step by Step Submission Instructions