The Florida Festivals and Events Association’s mission is to promote and strengthen the festival, event and fair industry in Florida through education, networking, dissemination of information, and the cultivation of high standards for the industry.
Budget CategoriesEvents of all sizes are encouraged to submit entries. You will be judged among your peers in the same event budget category so you are competing with festivals with similar budgets. There are three event budget categories:
Please submit each entry in one of these event budget categories. Budgets should include the entire budget for the event that you are entering, including all in-kind services.
Award Categories & Judging Criteria
Printed Materials - Is the item’s message informative, clear, concise, compelling enough to engage the audience, easy to understand, possess exceptional design features and is it original?
Photo (black/white or color) - Does the photo have original and exceptional composition, use of light and color, and evoke an emotion or leave an impression?
Program or Event Within an Existing Event - Does the program or event serve a purpose or objective, provide added value for the existing event and is it an original idea?
Promotional Item - Is the promotional item original, have visual impact, and serve a purpose for its target market? Examples of promotional items include, but not limited to, souvenirs, collared shirts, hats, mugs, pins, and recognition items. Enter tee-shirts in the Tee-Shirt Category.
Broadcast Media – Is the message informative, clear, concise, compelling enough to engage the audience, original, and have impact?
* Radio Ad or PSA
* Television Ad or PSA
Online - Is the website/page informative, clear, concise, compelling enough to engage the audience, easy to navigate, have visual impact and does it possess exceptional design features and display originality?
* Social Media Marketing - Examples of social media marketing include, but are not limited to FaceBook, Twitter, YouTube, webcasts, blogs, podcasts, Flickr, Pinterest, Linked In, GooglePlus, etc.
*Mobile Event App (iPhone/Android)
1. Where can I see the entries that were submitted? - All entries will be displayed at the convention and trade show – July 31- August 2 at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point in Bonita Springs, FL.
2. When will winners be announced? - Winners will be announced at the 18th Annual Convention and Trade Show Awards Dinner, Thursday, August 1st. Winners will be presented with an award to display.
3. Do I have to present to win? - Although we encourage you to attend the Convention and Tradeshow, you do not have to be present to win a SUNsational Award.
4. How can I view the winning entries? - A PowerPoint of all winning entries will be placed on the FFEA website.
5. Will press releases, on winning entries, be distributed? - Press releases, explaining the award and the competition, will be written and distributed to your local media sources and throughout the state. We encourage you to send out press releases to your media contacts as well.
Rules & Policies
Entries are judged by professionals in their fields of radio, television, photography, website development, promotions, graphics, advertising, public relations, marketing, social media, and special event production.
The entry fee for each entry is $25.